The San Bernardino County Public Defender promotes diversity and equal and nondiscriminatory opportunities for all of our attorneys and staff. We achieve high quality by hiring, training and promoting superior and diverse staff members who operate in a supportive team-based environment. We are devoted to developing and maintaining a professional environment that attracts, retains, and promotes attorneys and staff of all backgrounds, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or any other group characteristics.
- Always act in accordance with our commitment to being a values-driven law firm guided by the principles of excellence, leadership, and citizenship.
- Support professional development, community involvement, and leadership for staff of all backgrounds.
- Join the efforts of others striving to enhance diversity in the legal community overall, including participating in bar and community organizations.
- Continue to monitor the key processes of the department to ensure that commitment to our values, including diversity, is emphasized, implemented, and incorporated in all that we do.
- Promote camaraderie, collegiality, and collaboration among our offices, attorneys, investigators, and staff to make working at the San Bernardino County Public Defender the best possible professional and personal experience.